Instead of adopting BDS, which is bad for BOTH Palestinians and Israelis, the TSSU could take action that actually helps Palestinians and furthers the peace process. Here are some examples:
The TSSU could…
- Support movements like the Peace Factory that are genuinely committed to dialogue and understanding among Middle Eastern people.
- Support health care initiatives that involve cooperation between Israelis and Palestinians, such as Project Rozana and Road to Recovery.
- Support groups such as the Geneva Initiative that seek compromise and peace between the two groups.
- Create a scholarship fund for Palestinian students to attend SFU.
- Engage/fund joint research with Palestinian academic institutions.
Here is a list of Palestinian schools that could be supported: http://www.webometrics.info/en/Asia/Palestinian%20Territories